DGL 180 Chewable 180 Tabs - 2 Pack
Deglycyrrhizinated licorice, or DGL, has been used clinically for decades, primarily for the treatment of peptic ulcers. Licorice has been shown to inhibit several inflammatory enzymes, including both cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX), decreasing the production of several potent inflammatory compounds, including prostaglandin E2, thromboxane B2, and leukotriene B4. Importantly, this inhibition is not due to glycyrrhizic acid, the component of licorice which has been removed in DGL, and which is associated with mineralocorticoid excess and hypertension. Another component of licorice, glabridin, has been shown to prevent lipopolysaccharide (LPS) induced production of inflammatory compounds, including nitric oxide and interleukin-1 beta, whereas glycyrrhizic acid has no effect.
Clinically, DGL has been shown to have comparable efficacy to cimetidine for both the healing and prevention of ulcer recurrences. Additionally, extracts of licorice have been shown to inhibit the adhesion of H. pylori to gastric mucosa, as well as the growth of antibiotic resistant strains, suggesting multiple mechanisms of action for its anti-ulcer benefit. The use of chewable tablets appears necessary for DGL’s efficacy, as it allows for distribution and absorption by the gastric mucosa.
- DGL chewable tablets is the form associated with the greatest clinical efficacy, as it allows for licorice to be released in the stomach and dispersed/absorbed by the gastric mucosa
- Provides 400 mg DGL per tablet, the clinically effective dosage
- Deglycyrrhizination prevents adverse effects associated with licorice consumption
- Pleasant tasting tablets for better compliance
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Servings Per Container: 180
Serving Size: 1 Chewable Tablet
Amount Per Serving
Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice 10:1 Extract ... 400mg
(Glycyrrhiza glabra) (root)
Providing 4, 000 mg crude herb licorice
Chew 1 tablet per day 20 minutes prior to each meal, or as directed by a health care practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 16 weeks.
Xylitol, microcrystalline cellulose, aniseed, stearic acid, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica, Stevia rebaudiana leaf.
Higher doses may be needed for those with conditions associated with malabsorption. If you are pregnant or nursing Please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any supplement.
Store in a cool dry place away from direct light.
Do not use if seal is broken or missing.
At Vitasell.net, we're dedicated to delivering your purchase as quickly and affordably as possible. We offer a range of delivery and pickup options, so you can choose the shipping method that best meets your needs.
- To qualify for free shipping, your order must total $49.99 or more before any taxes, fees or shipping charges are added.
- Free shipping applies only to locations in the contiguous United States. Orders shipped through the Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO), to international addresses, or to locations in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Palau and US protectorates are not eligible for free shipping.
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $49.99!
Express 2-3 Day Shipping - $18.95
*1 Business Day - $39.50
We are NOT Shipping Overnight, on Friday, Saturday, Sunday
International Shipping $33.90
Most orders placed before 2 pm EST Monday through Friday will ship within 24 hours. Orders placed on Saturday, Sunday or a holiday will be processed the next business day. Business days are considered Monday through Friday. Some orders take longer to process and will ship within 2-3 business days. Customers who select Free Standard Shipping will receive their package 5-8 business days after the order is placed even if the order does not ship same day. Orders will only be shipped once all billing and shipping information is verified and confirmed. A tracking number will be emailed and updated on all orders as soon as the order ships. All orders over $500 require a signature at delivery.