Magnesium Citra-Mal 150mg 90 caps - 2 Pack
As the second most abundant intracellular action and a cofactor for at least 300 metabolic reactions, magnesium is a critical regulator of numerous cellular functions, ion channels, signalling pathways, enzymes, and metabolic pathways including glycolysis, fatty acid oxidation and DNA synthesis. Substantial epidemiological evidence indicates that a low magnesium intake is quite common, and that it is associated with diverse pathological conditions, particularly metabolic and inflammatory disorders such as insulin resistance, obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease, but also to osteoporosis, cancer and hypertension.
Recent research has highlighted magnesium’s important role in glucose homeostasis, as supplementation improves insulin sensitivity and regulates beta-cell function, while deficiency exacerbates chronic inflammatory stress, contributing to obesity and the metabolic syndrome. Supplementation reduces serum glucose, increases HDL levels and improves insulin sensitivity, even among those with normal magnesium levels, and in both diabetic and non-diabetic populations. Magnesium also improves postprandial hyperlipidemia, and down-regulates genes related to metabolic and inflammatory pathways. In addition to improving magnesium bioavailability, citrate itself is a mitochondrial substrate and provides an alkaline load. It chelates dietary oxalates, reducing renal stone formation risk.
- Magnesium citrate has been shown to have superior bioavailability to other forms of magnesium, increasing its clinical effectiveness
- Citrate-malate complexes increase mineral absorption, particularly among individuals with reduced gastric acid secretion
- Malic acid supplies an important substrate in the citric acid cycle, contributing to improved energy metabolism
- Conveniently dosed at 150 mg per capsule, allowing for easy therapeutic dosing
Servings Per Container: 90
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving:
Magnesium ... 150mg
3 capsules daily or as directed by a health-care professional.
Malic acid, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable grade).
Higher doses may be needed for those with conditions associated with malabsorption. If you are pregnant or nursing Please consult your healthcare practitioner before starting any supplement.
Store in a cool dry place away from direct light.
Do not use if seal is broken or missing.
At Vitasell.net, we're dedicated to delivering your purchase as quickly and affordably as possible. We offer a range of delivery and pickup options, so you can choose the shipping method that best meets your needs.
- To qualify for free shipping, your order must total $49.99 or more before any taxes, fees or shipping charges are added.
- Free shipping applies only to locations in the contiguous United States. Orders shipped through the Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO), to international addresses, or to locations in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Palau and US protectorates are not eligible for free shipping.
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $49.99!
Express 2-3 Day Shipping - $18.95
*1 Business Day - $39.50
We are NOT Shipping Overnight, on Friday, Saturday, Sunday
International Shipping $33.90
Most orders placed before 2 pm EST Monday through Friday will ship within 24 hours. Orders placed on Saturday, Sunday or a holiday will be processed the next business day. Business days are considered Monday through Friday. Some orders take longer to process and will ship within 2-3 business days. Customers who select Free Standard Shipping will receive their package 5-8 business days after the order is placed even if the order does not ship same day. Orders will only be shipped once all billing and shipping information is verified and confirmed. A tracking number will be emailed and updated on all orders as soon as the order ships. All orders over $500 require a signature at delivery.